Warranty And Services
Standard Warranty (includes parts, labor, and travel)
2 year bumper-to-bumper
GX2-7 / G7-15 / GA5-37 / GA7-37VSD+
1 year bumper-to-bumper
Additional 3 years on the gear case (where fitted)
2 years on the motor
Additional 3 years on the motor
2 years on the air end
Additional 3 years on the air end
2 years on the cooler
Additional 3 years on the cooler
2 years on the receiver
Additional 3 years on the receiver
2 years on the VSD (where fitted)
Additional 3 years on the VSD (where fitted)
2 years on internal dryer* (where fitted)
Additional 3 years on the internal dryer* (where fitted)
Standard Warranty (includes parts, labor, and travel)
Extended Warranty (parts only)
FD / FX / CD
2 year bumper-to-bumper
1 year bumper to bumper (parts, labor, and travel)**
Note: Warranty durations shown in the tables above are conditioned on the relevant machine being commissioned (start-up) within 3 months after delivery by Atlas Copco. The standard bumper-to-bumper warranty period is (i) where the above chart lists “1 year bumper-to-bumper”, 15 months after date of shipment to purchaser or 12 months after date of initial start-up, whichever occurs first and (ii) where the above chart lists “2 year bumper-to-bumper”, 27 months after date of shipment to purchaser or 24 months after date of initial start-up, whichever occurs first.
*Two years standard and additional three years extended warranty on internal dryer available only on units shipped after 9/2016. For units shipped before 9/2016, internal dryer warranty is 1 year.
**Additional 1 year bumper-to-bumper extended warranty on FD (5-285) / FX (1-16) is available on units purchased between 09/2016 and 03/2017.
The Atlas Copco GX, G and GA machines are the workhorses of light industry, designed to not only be incredibly energy efficient, but also reliable and durable. Atlas Copco is so confident in the reliability of these machines that we include a 12 month bumper-to-bumper warranty as a minimum. On top of this, for the GX, G and GA machines, Atlas Copco also provides a limited extended warranty. The two warranty programs are subject to the limitations and conditions set forth herein, but are otherwise free of charge.
Worry Free Warranty
The bumper-to-bumper warranty lasts for a minimum of 12 months from start-up (provided such start-up occurs within 3 months after delivery) and covers the entire machine against manufacturer’s defects in material and workmanship. Additionally, on the G, GA and GX, the air end, motor, cooler, receiver, and variable speed drive are all fully covered for a further 12 months. Should a defect occur, and Atlas Copco is notified in writing of such defect within the applicable warranty period, Atlas Copco will provide replacement parts and expert labor, including travel costs, at no charge to the customer in order to correct such defect.
The Complementary Extended Warranty for GX, G and GA machines
Once the standard warranty period expires, a further 36 month extended warranty is available on the G, GX and GA machines as long as
In order to qualify for the standard 12 month bumper-to-bumper warranty, a number of conditions have to be met as detailed below:
1) On fixed speed GX, G and GA machines up to 15kW start-up (commissioning) must be performed in accordance with the Instruction Manual by the Customer, Atlas Copco, or an Authorized Distributor. On all other GX, G and GA machines start-up (commissioning) must be performed in accordance with the Instruction Manual by Atlas Copco or an Authorized Distributor.
2) A start-up report must be submitted to Atlas Copco within 30 days after start-up.
3) Machine registration must be completed and returned to Atlas Copco within 30 days after start-up.
4) The machine has to be maintained and serviced according to the service instructions and schedule found in the instruction book.
5) Service intervals can be performed by Atlas Copco, an Authorized Distributor, or the owner of the compressor.
6) Only Atlas Copco genuine parts and lubricants can be used on the machine.
7) All claims have to be filed in a timely manner in writing; 30 days is considered normal.
FX/FD Refrigerated Compressed Air Dryers
Standard Compressor Warranty: Worry Free Warranty – Atlas Copco warrants to the end user that the above-mentioned Atlas Copco FX/FD Refrigerated Compressed Air Dryers shall be free of defects in design, material and workmanship for a period of twenty‐seven (27) months from date of shipment to purchaser, or twenty‐four (24) months from date of initial start‐up, whichever occurs first. Failure to meet the warranty scope, conditions and limitations set forth herein invalidates this program.
Spare Parts ‐ General
Atlas Copco warrants to the end user that the purchase of general spare parts shall be free of defects in design, material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of shipment to purchaser, under the condition that the part has been subject to normal use and maintenance.
In order to qualify for extended warranty coverage, a number of conditions have to be met as detailed below:
1. The machine’s Extended Warranty Registration Form must be submitted to Atlas Copco within thirty (30) days after start‐up.
2. The equipment must be properly installed in accordance with the Atlas Copco installation proposal and instruction manuals.
3. Equipment start‐up must be performed by an Atlas Copco representative or an Authorized Atlas Copco Distributor. Start‐up exceptions on compressors: Customer, Atlas Copco, or Authorized Atlas Copco Distributor can perform start‐up on GX and GA Fixed Speed Oil Injected Rotary Screw Compressors up to 15kW and on AR reciprocating compressors. Start‐up exceptions on quality air products: Customer, Atlas Copco, or Authorized Atlas Copco Distributor can perform start‐up on FX1 to FX21 dryers, CD+1‐22 dryers and inline compressed air filter assemblies. On units where a customer does the start‐up themselves any damage to equipment during start‐up is not covered by the warranty.
4. A start‐up report, properly completed by an authorized Atlas Copco representative, must be submitted to Atlas Copco within 30 days after start‐up.
5. Only genuine Atlas Copco spare parts and lubricants may be used in the equipment.
6. The equipment must be maintained in accordance with the published Atlas Copco service schedules for the duration of the extended warranty period.
7. For all machines larger than 30kW, service must be performed by Atlas Copco, an authorized distributor, or an approved customer technician.
8. Compressors: The service provider must participate in the oil analysis program and submit an oil sample for oil analysis a minimum of once per year for equipment operating 4,000 hours per year or below and twice per year for units operating above 4,000 hours per year. Oil sample frequency is dependent on product type and application. For harsh environments more frequent oil sampling is required. In no situation will the oil sample period be less than 500 hours.
9. All machines larger than 30kW, must be under a parts only contract as a minimum, either through Atlas Copco or an authorized distributor.
10. All claims have to be filed in a timely manner in writing, 30 days is considered normal.
11. The service provider must keep records of all spare parts purchases for machines not on contract, as well as scheduled maintenance, and oil analyses. The following records will be required for any claim within the specified Extended Warranty Period:
* Copy of an Extended Warranty Registration Form
* Copy of start‐up report
* Copies of all maintenance records for the equipment
* Proof of purchase of genuine Atlas Copco spare parts and lubricants if not on contract
* Copies of all oil analysis reports.
The Atlas Copco warranty does not extend to products not manufactured by Atlas Copco or affiliates. As to such products, the selling agent shall be entitled to proceed only upon the terms of that particular manufacturer’s warranty. Any services performed by Atlas Copco in connection with the sale, installation, servicing or repair of a product are warranted to be performed in a workmanlike manner. If any nonconformity with this warranty appears within thirty (30) days after the services are performed, the exclusive obligation of Atlas Copco shall be to re‐perform the services in a conforming manner.
Warranty work performed by Atlas Copco does not restart the applicable warranty period. For Atlas Copco equipment eligible for and replaced under the agreed warranty, the new component (replacement part) warranty period is equal to that remaining on the original warranty for the item replaced. For any compressed air equipment in this product range not commissioned by an authorized Atlas Copco service provider, the product is sold AS IS and with no representation or warranty whatsoever. Warranty is excluded when the product is misused or neglected, which includes the ingestion of corrosive, erosive, or explosive liquids or gases. Should any failure to conform with this warranty appear prior to or after shipment of the product to the customer during the specified periods under normal and proper use and provided the product has been properly stored, installed and maintained by the customer, Atlas Copco shall, if given prompt notice, repair or replace (at Atlas Copco’s option), F.O.B. Atlas Copco warehouse, the non‐conforming product or authorize repair or replacement by a service provider. Replaced products and parts become the property of Atlas Copco. Such repair or replacement of defective products shall be Atlas Copco’s sole obligation for defects to products or parts and re-performance of defective services shall be Atlas Copco’s sole obligation with respect to defective service. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES (WRITTEN, ORAL, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE), AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.